Monday, November 12, 2007

Wonderful Tonight

Here it is! For the few of you who've asked for it, I've tabbed out some of the song the way I play it on the ukulele. Hope it helps! Intro:

A)-----0-----------3-------------1-------------0---1---3---3/5--3--
E)----1--3^3-1-3---3---3^3-1-----1-- 3^3-1-3---0---0---3---3/5--1--
C)---0---------0-----0-------2-----2-------0-----------0---0----0--
G)--2------------0-------------3-------------0---0---0---0-0----2--



A)-----------------3-------------1-------------0---1---3---3/5--3-- E)-------3^3-1-3---3---3^3-1-----1-- 3^3-1-3---0---0---3---3/5--1-- C)---0---------0-----0-------2-----2-------0-----------0---0----0-- G)---------------0-------------3-------------0---0---0---0-0----2--

The verses are fairly simple, so I won't tab those out, except for the decending bass-line. A)---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 E)---1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 C)---5-5-5-5-4-4-4-4-2-2-2-2-0-0-0-0 G)---2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

It may seem like a lot of strums per chord on the descending bass- line, but for every down-stroke there is an up-stroke.

Wonderful Tonight ukulele lesson
Free Hit Counter Free Counter

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time Izzy that's a great help for starter uke players like me.

Colin
Liverpool, UK

Anonymous said...

I agree, I think you're terrific. When I was young I played the uke after Arthur Godfrey played on his tv show, this is so much better. I know I am dating myself.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Anonymous, I had a plastic Islander Uke that I played when Arthur Godfrey was on TV. I just picked one up and have started to play again. Thanks Izzy, you make such beautiful music.

Holly said...

Thanks so much for giving me something to REALLY practice. Any hope of getting the lyrics (or at least just the notes) that are "so easy" to figure out? I need help in that. I think I have the pieces that you have youtube but am stuck now on the lyrics.

Anonymous said...

haha i didnt know how to read tabs. but now i was forced to in order to know how to pluck the song. xD

haha thanks, dad. :)

Anonymous said...

sooooooo many thanks!

Peter Bryenton said...

A helpful resource, thank you. I'll have a go myself now.

Peter Bryenton
www.brypix.com

Niki :) said...

I love this but it's too fast for me. Would you be about to post a slower version of the intro? I am teaching myself uke, with the help of great people like you who like to share. I am also a lefty, so I have to swap everything around. Takes a little bit of right to left hand translation there.

Many thanks
Niki
Auckland, New Zealand

Unknown said...

Hi, great lesson by the way but i noticed that u were plucking the notes as opposed to strumming and it doesn't seem that you are just plucking straight up and down it seems like you do something special, and i can't figure it out so the song sounds off when i play it.. i was wondering if you could help me out with that. thanks

Unknown said...

how do you do the picking? i cant seem to get it down